Countdown To K, Inc. presents COUNTDOWN ACADEMY SUMMER SERIES online courses for parents and exceptional children.
Don’t fall victim to the summer slide! Join the Countdown Academy for a summer of learning. We teach parents to teach their children and use techniques that help foster independence and skills building.
YOU CAN DO THIS! WE HAVE SOOOOOO MUCH CONFIDENCE IN YOU! Having a child with special needs is difficult. Therapy. Doctors. IEPs. School conferences. Homework. I’m a parent that GETS IT!
Just a little know-how and a gentle nudge can help your child love learning in a fun, hands-on, out-of-the-box way! Let’s get started by joining our contact list below:
COUNTDOWN ACADEMY SUMMER SERIES
WEDNESDAY, MAY 29 MID WEEK CHECK-IN
SUNDAY, JUNE 2 BRINGING THERAPY HOME: USING YOUR CHILD’S STRENGTHS TO FACILITATE LEARNING
- Explore the transition from therapy to home by incorporating the techniques used in the clinic for everyday lessons and activities
- Learn to use these applications in daily settings and reinforce the therapy in ways that are interesting and appealing.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 5 MID WEEK CHECK-IN
SATURDAY, JUNE 8 5 ITEM OT: OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY WITH EVERYDAY OBJECTS 3 PM EST
- Learn to think out-of-the-box and have fun while helping your loved one reach their greatest potential! For example, how many ways can you use an empty pizza box? This fun and creative class will take 5 common objects and create a great plan to incorporate learning, therapy, and FUN! *Different items each class*
- ENROLLING NOW!
SUNDAY, JUNE 9 SETTING THE STAGE FOR LEARNING
- Learn to use your surroundings as an added instructional tool and create an efficient learning environment.
- Learn how to use objects in your home for added layers of learning and help your loved one to master new skills.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12 MID WEEK CHECK-IN
SUNDAY, JUNE 16 THERAPY IN EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES
- Learn to use everyday objects and activities to reinforce therapy techniques learned in the clinic. This class will incorporate speech, occupational, and physical therapy at-home techniques.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19 MID WEEK CHECK-IN
SUNDAY, JUNE 23 CREATING CURRICULUM AND LESSON PLANS
- Learn to create at-home learning models for mastery of skills in fun and creative ways.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 26 MID WEEK CHECK-IN
SUNDAY, JUNE 30 WELCOME TO THE COUNTDOWN PRESENTATION CLASS
- Did you make it to the end? Join us in welcoming our newest ‘MOM-Schoolers’ and ‘DAD-Schoolers.’ Let’s celebrate our accomplishments. You’ve EARNED it!